There are loads of events happening around town to help maximize enjoyment of the long July 4th weekend. Get out there and have some fun with:
• A culinary walking tour of downtown Boulder’s best restaurants today at 3 p.m.
• First Friday Art Walk in Louisville tonight at 6 p.m.
• Byron Shaw Projex at Boulder’s Millennium Harvest House tonight at 5:30 p.m.
• Hansel and Gretel, performed while hiking through Chautauqua Park, Saturday and Sunday at 11 a.m.
• Mid-season Championships and fireworks at Dacono’s Colorado National Speedway Saturday and Sunday at 6 p.m.
• Chris Daniels and the Kings rocking Boulder’s Twenty Ninth Street LIVE! Concert Series Saturday at 6:30 p.m.
• Colorado Music Festival’s Patriotism & Pops concert at Chautauqua Auditorium Sunday at 7:30 p.m.
• Longmont Symphony Orchestra playing the Summer Concert in the Park Series at Longmont’s Thompson Park Monday at 12 p.m.
• Your choice of Independence Day celebrations on Monday night, including Niwot’s Cottonwood Square, Lafayette’s Waneka Lake Park, Louisville’s Coal Creek Golf Course, Broomfield’s Commons Park and CU-Boulder’s Folsom Field.
You’ll find information about these events and many more at http://calendar.dailycamera.com
Happy July 4th, and have a great weekend!