Spring has sprung, and the Camera’s offices are closed so we can all enjoy a long weekend. Perhaps we’ll see you out and about at one of the many exciting events happening today and this weekend, such as:
• The ongoing 2010 Lafayette César Chávez Celebration, including a march from Boulder to Lafayette this afternoon and a community forum tomorrow. Visit www.inclusivelafayette.com for details.
• First Friday in Downtown Boulder tonight. Visit www.firstfridayboulder.com for participating galleries and times.
• African Culture and Art Explosion tonight at CU’s Folsom Stadium Club. Visit www.colorado.edu/studentgroups/ASA/events.html for more information.
• Opening day at the Boulder Farmer’s Market from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. Visit www.boulderfarmers.org for details.
• Free admission to the Boulder History Museum on Sunday. Visit www.boulderhistorymuseum.org for hours and exhibits.
You’ll find information about these events and many more at http://calendar.dailycamera.com. Several of my peers are looking forward to the perfect running weather so they can train for the Bolder Boulder. Personally, I’m just hoping it gets warm enough to warrant eating lunch on a lovely restaurant patio. Have a great weekend.